The Certitude project is working on the area related to the improvement of vocational dimension that spreads across all education and training areas in Europe. The global rise of sandwich training systems is related to high needs in management and quality support of trainees.
By "academic tutor", the CERTITUDE project includes any person in the education or training field who delivers tutoring support.
This tutoring function may consist in supporting initial or continuous training beneficiaries, particularly during professional periods in enterprises (stage, sandwich course contracts, etc.). This role can be undertaken by a teacher, a trainer, a research-teacher, a pedagogical referring person, a training-period master.
The generalization of dual training systems, which includes various educational methods, leads the tutors to answer various stakes to increase the quality and the operational effectiveness of the training. Thus, the project invites to :
- Lead a reflection on the optimization of trainees' support, related with the training as in phase of professional period, itself supervised by professionals from the field,
- Consider the level of professionalism of the academic tutors, then to envisage the improvement/development of their practices.
So, the Certitude project pursues 2 objectives:
- Make recognized the essential role of the academic tutor in the reassurance and the success of apprenticeship,
- Demonstrate and recognize his skills and competences by a certification recognized by the training field professionals.
Even more, the development of Europass mobilities implies a tutor to be able to assess the learning path of the trainee involved in a mobility scheme, and to sign the final document)...
The CERTITUDE project is funded by the Leonardo da Vinci European programme from the European Commission, and its aims are :
- to deliver a tutor qualification certificate in line with the requirements of the international norm ISO 17024
- in order to ensure quality and transparency of tutoring in the field of education and training in Europe.